|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT MARK A. BATZER|
Chief Master Sergeant Mark A. Batzer is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano Air Base, Italy. As the wing's Senior Enlisted Leader, Chief Batzer serves as the advisor to the commander on matters influencing the readiness, training, morale, welfare, quality of life, and professional development of over 3,500 active duty enlisted personnel. He also provides guidance to 30 chief master sergeants and 14 first sergeants.
Chief Batzer entered the Air Force in August 1985 as an Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic and has served in various aircraft maintenance leadership and management positions including aircraft acquisition, manufacturing and operational, test and evaluation on the F-111, F-16, and RQ/MQ-1 aircraft. He has deployed in support of Operations PROVIDE COMFORT, SOUTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, and ENDURING FREEDOM and participated in Operation ODYSSEY DAWN. While deployed to Tallil Air Base, Iraq as the NCOIC 64 ERS, he directed the generation of an RQ-1 Predator aircraft supporting Operation RED DAWN, leading to the capture of the former Iraqi Dictator Saddam Hussein.
1988 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, RAF Feltwell, England
1990 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Lindsey Air Station, Germany
1995 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirkland AFB, N.M.
1997 Associate of Science in Aviation Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1999 Systems Acquisition Management Course, Defense Acquisition University
1999 Software Acquisition Course, Defense Acquisition University
2001 Production and Quality Fundamentals Course, Defense Acquisition University
2001 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Center of Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2011 Bachelor of Science Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Summa Cum Laude)
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2011 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pa.
2012 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden Business School, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
2012 Air Force Smart Ops 21, Center for Executive Education, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
2013 Advanced Project Management Certification, University of Utah, Utah
2013 Project Management Professional Certification, Project Management Institute
1. Aug 1985 - Oct 1985, Basic Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Oct 1985 - Dec 1985, Technical School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. Dec 1985 - Feb 1986, F-111 Aircraft Maintenance Specialist Course, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
4. Feb 1986 - Sep 1990, F-111F Dedicated Crew Chief, 48 AGS, 48 TFW, RAF Lakenheath, England
5. Sep 1990 - Jul 1992, F-111F Dedicated Crew Chief, 431st Test Evaluation Sq, McClellan AFB, Calif.
6. Jul 1992 - May 1993, F-111F Dedicated Crew Chief, OT&E, 524 FS, 27 FW, Cannon AFB, N.M.
May 1993 - Jul 1994, QA Inspector, Weight/Balance and Functional Check Flight Manager, 27 LG
(Oct 1993 - Jan 1994, QA Inspector, 39 WG, Incirlik AB, Turkey)
Jul 1994 - Apr 1996, Aircraft Element Chief (EF-111A), 429th Electronic Combat Squadron
(Oct 1995 - Dec 1995, First Sergeant, 429 ECS, 4044 CW(P), King Abdul Aziz AB, Saudi Arabia)
7. Apr 1996 - Jan 1997, Aircraft Phase Dock Chief (F-16), 412th Test Evaluation Sq, Edwards AFB, Calif.
Jan 1997 - Jan 1998, Aircraft Element Chief (F-16), 412 TES
Jan 1998 - Jul 1998, Production Supt (F-16) 412 TES
8. Jul 1998 - Dec 1999, Aviation Maintenance Manager, TAI F-16 Production Facility, Ankara, Turkey
9. Dec 1999 - Oct 2000, Aircraft Systems Flight Chief, 39 MXS, 39 WG, Incirlik AB, Turkey
Oct 2000 - Dec 2001, Maintenance Supt, 39 MXS
10. Dec 2001 - Jan 2002, Lead Production Supt (F-16), Viper AMF, 57 AMXS, 57 WG, Nellis AFB, Nev.
Jan 2002 - Jul 2002, Sortie Generation Supt (F-16), Viper AMF
Jul 2002 - Mar 2005, NCOIC Predator AMU (RQ/MQ-1), Indian Springs, AF Auxiliary Field, 57 WG
(Nov 2002 - Dec 2002, NCOIC 64 ERS, 332d Air Expeditionary Wing, Tallil AB, Iraq)
(Dec 2002 - Mar 2003, NCOIC 11 ERS, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Shahbaz AB, Jacobabad, Pakistan)
11. Mar 2005 - Aug 2006, Maintenance Supt (F-16CG), 388 AMXS, 388 FW, Hill AFB, UT
(Aug 2006 - Jan 2007, Maintenance Supt (KC-10, KC-135, U-2 and RQ-4) 380 EAMXS, Al Dhafra AB, UAE)
Feb 2007 - Aug 2008, Maintenance Group Supt, 388 MXG
12. Aug 2008 - Jan 10, Maintenance Supt (F-15C/D/E & HH-60G), 48 AMXS, 48 FW, RAF Lakenheath, England
(Apr 09 - Oct 09, AF Wg-Level Comprehensive Mx Assessment Team Member, AF A4/7, Washington, D.C.)
Jan 10 - Jun 11, Maintenance Group Supt, 48 MXG
(Feb 10 - May 10, Interim 494 EAMU Supt (F-15E), 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram, Afghanistan)
13. Jun 2011 - Jun 2013, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 388 FW, Hill AFB, UT
14. Jun 2013 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 31 FW, Aviano AB, Italy
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
1989 48 AGS NCO of the Year, RAF Lakenheath, England
1995 John Levitow Award, Air Combat Command NCO Academy
1998 412 TES Lt Gen Leo Marquez, Supervisor-Manager, Edwards AFB, Calif.
2000 39 LG SNCO of the Year, Incirlik AB, Turkey
2001 USAFE Lt Gen Leo Marquez, Supervisor-Manager
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Nov 1, 2003
(Current as of Jun 13)