Here at Aviano we offer...
- Worship services, rites and sacraments
- Referral to off-base English-speaking places of worship
- Fellowship activities
- Religious education for children, youth and adults
- Practical help to spouses and families of deployed personnel
- Volunteer opportunities for adults and youth
- Retreats for families and singles
- Youth and children activities
- Confidential and professional pastoral counseling for singles, couples, families, parents and children
- Men, women and youth study and service groups
- Liaison with deployed chaplains to help deployed personnel and their families
- Ministry in dorms and workplaces
- Advisor to Commanders & squadron leadership
- Advocacy in religious accommodation issues
- People-oriented activities and programs in cooperation with other
- Aviano helping agencies
- "Need based" programs
- Space for support groups and meetings
The following services are held at the base chapel unless otherwise noted.
Latter Day Saints - 6-7:45 a.m.
Seventh Day Adventist - 10 a.m. to noon
4-5 p.m. - Confession
5-6 p.m. - Mass
Liturgical - 8-8:15 a.m., Area 1 Chapel
Catholic RE - 10:45 a.m. to noon
Mass - 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Gospel service- 9-10:15 a.m., Chapel Area 1
Contemporary - 10:45-11:45, Chapel Area 1
Church or Christ RE - 1 - 2 p.m.
Church of Christ - 2 - 3 p.m.
Please call the chapel for program information, availability, times, dates on specific programs.
For facility reservations, weddings, christenings, baptisms, and other religious ceremonies, please call the chapel for information and to arrange an appointment with the appropriate chaplain.
Your AF Chaplain Service
Helping people is our highest priority. Come and talk with us. Every unit at Aviano Air Base has an assigned chaplain who is available to you. You maintain the right of "Privileged Communication" when speaking with a chaplain. This means your discussions are held in the strictest confidence and protected by AFI 52-101, 4.1, 16 Apr 2004.