PRINT | E-MAIL
Brig. Gen. Daniel T. Lasica is the Commander, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano Air Base, Italy. He commands the only permanently assigned U.S. Air Force fighter aircraft wing in NATO’s Southern Region. With approximately 4,200 active-duty military members, nearly 300 U.S. civilians and 700 Italian civilian employees, the wing conducts and supports air combat operations, and maintains munitions for NATO.
The wing’s diverse mission sets are executed by Airmen that fly, maintain, and support two F-16CM Fighting Falcon Fighter squadrons, two Combat Search and Rescue Squadrons with Pararescue Airmen and HH-60 Pavehawks, USAFE's only Air Control Squadron, Agile Combat Support Squadrons, Medical Squadrons and numerous Wing Staff Agencies.
General Lasica received his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1994. He has served at the squadron, group, wing, numbered air force and Joint Staff levels. He has flown combat missions in support of operations Southern Watch and Enduring Freedom, and also has supported South Korea defense obligations. Before his current command, General Lasica was previously assigned as the 20th Fighter Wing commander, Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina.
1994 Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master's degree In Aviation/Aerospace Operations, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla.
2008 Master's degree In National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval Command and Staff College, Naval war College, Newport, R.I.
2009 Master's degree In Military Art and Science, School of Advanced Military Studies, Ft. Leavenworth, Kan.
2013 Master's degree in National Security and Resource Strategy, Eisenhower School, Ft. McNair, Washington D.C.
1. December 1994 - December 1995, student pilot, 37th Flying Training Squadron. Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. May 1996 - December 1998, T-37 Instructor pilot, 85th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. May 1999 - December 1999, student pilot, 308th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. December 1999 - July 2002, F-16 Instructor pilot, flight commander, 523rd Fighter Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
5. July 2002 - September 2005, F-16 Instructor pilot, F-16 flight examiner, flight commander, assistant operations officer, 308th Fighter Squadron and 56th Operations Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. September 2005 - July 2007, F-16 Instructor pilot 36th Fighter Squadron, 7th Air Force Weapons and Tactics, Chief, 7th Air Force Commander's Action Group. Chief of Special Technical Operations and Advanced Programs Manager, Osan AB, South Korea
7. August 2007 - June 2008, student, Naval Command and Staff College, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
8. July 2008 - June 2009, student, School of Advanced Military Studies, Ft. Leavenworth, Kan.
9. August 2009 - May 2010, 56th Fighter Wing Chief of Safety, F-16 instructor pilot, Luke AFB, Ariz.
10. May 2010 - May 2012, Commander, 309th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
11. July 2012 - June 2013, student, Eisenhower School, Ft. McNair, Washington D.C.
12. August 2013 - August 2014, Commander, 838th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group, Shindand Air Base, Afghanistan
13. September 2014 - August 2016, Operations Division Chief and Chief of Operations, J-3, Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
14. August 2016 – June 2018, Commander, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C.
15. June 2018 – Current, Commander, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano AB, Italy
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: 4,013
Combat Hours: 224
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, F-16 and C-208
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Korea Defense Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1994
First Lieutenant June 1, 1996
Captain June1, 1998
Major July 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 2008
Colonel October 1, 2013
Brigadier General June 21, 2018
(Current as of July 2019)