COVID-19 Vaccination Services
All vaccination requests related to COVID-19 are on an appointment basis ONLY. Please sign-up on the COVAX website at https://informatics-stage.health.mil/COVAX/
- Pfizer (12+ years) and Moderna (18+ years) offered on the 2nd & 4th Monday morning of every month (offered on Tuesdays following a down-day)
**Initial boosters may be given 5 months following completion of primary series
**A second booster dose may be given 4 months following the first booster dose for those who are 50 years of age or older
2. Pfizer (5-11 years) offered on the 2nd and 4th Thursday afternoon every month
**Booster dose may be given 5 months following completion of primary series
3. Pfizer (6 month to 4 years) ONCE AVAILABLE will be offered on the 1st and 3rd Thursday afternoon every month
COVID-19 testing after vaccination
The vaccine will not result in a positive COVID test on a PCR/molecular or antigen test.
The vaccine is very effective but it is still possible to get COVID-19 after vaccination. If a person tests positive for COVID-19 after vaccination they are still required to isolate in order to prevent any further spread of the virus and their close contacts must quarantine.
After you receive your COVID-19 vaccination you may have some side effects similar to COVID symptoms. If your symptoms persist for more than 48 hours it is important to call the MDG at 632-5000 to be screened for COVID-19.
Travel updates with the COVID-19 vaccine
BEGINNING ON 1 APRIL 2022 -- SUPER GREEN PASS & GREEN PASS RULES CHANGE
1 April 22
- No Green Pass of any kind will be required to:
- Stay in hotels or use indoor hotel restaurants/bars
- Ride on local public transport (still required to wear a FFP2 mask)
- Enter public offices, shops, banks, post offices, museums, tobacconists, barbershops, beauty salons
- Visit outdoor stadiums and sporting events
- Eat outside at a restaurant
- Stadiums can reach 100% capacity.
MDG Symptomatic Appointments Beginning 4 April
Beginning 4 April, 31 MDG will change their appointment procedures for patients with COVID-like symptoms. Individuals who have NOT been a close contact of a COVID-19 positive person in the last 10 days, may be seen in the MDG for an appointment. They must show proof of a negative at-home COVID-19 test performed on the same day as the scheduled appointment.
Patients with COVID-like symptoms who are a close contact of a positive person must schedule a test through the MDG before they can be seen. Patients who would like to be tested by the MDG and are not a close contact, may still schedule a test through the appointment line.