Italian Presidency of Council of Ministries (DCPM) has issued a COVID-19 decree signed on 11 Mar 20 impacting ALL Italy requesting minimal movement of personnel in order to minimize the spread of COVID-19
Based on the COVID-19 current critical situation, please see the 31 FW/CC Memorandum of Intent (Tab 1) directing work to continue in order to maintain base operations and services for those facilities that will remain open. This will support minimizing movement of personnel IAW Italian Decree signed on 11 Mar 20. Commanders and Supervisors will support this intent by implementing a “reduced manning” plan within their organizations to protect the health and safety of the workforce while ensure the readiness of the force.
Please have your supervisors maximize the below Human Resources flexibilities in managing your organizational workload while supporting your mission.
Supervisors have the discretion to utilize the following human resources flexibilities:
- Telework: Specific guidance was sent out on 3 Mar 2020. See Telework Option information below.
If your employee cannot Telework, the below leave flexibilities will be apply:
- Admin Leave (IAW with Weather and Safety Leave Emergency regulations).
- Supervisors may authorize admin leave when:
- An employee is showing no symptoms and employee is subject to movement restrictions and is not a telework program participant.
- Supervisors may not authorize Admin leave to employees who are telework program participants.
- Other Leave Flexibilities.
- Sick leave. If an employee is symptomatic and unable to perform official duties, the employee must use accrued sick leave. Weather and safety leave (Admin Leave) would not be appropriate. Employees may also use sick leave up to 104 hours to provide care for a family member who is ill. Advanced sick leave may be authorized.
- Annual leave. Employees may use accrued annual leave for any reason, subject to management’s discretion to approve and schedule such time. Advanced annual leave may be authorized.
For those mission essential employees that will be asked to report to work, please find attached official notices (Tabs 5 and 6 - Declaration of Movement and Self Declaration) to have in his/her possession should Italian law Enforcement authorities stop them while driving through one of their check points. The notice will permit travel from home to work, with minimum possible social contact with other people.
Lastly, please see Tab 7 “COVID-19 OPM Additional Guidance for some very helpful Q & A’s to follow while implementing HR work flexibilities.
TELEWORK OPTION INFORMATION
Upon approval from Squadron Commanders, some employees (on a volunteer and situational basis) may now be authorized to telework to limit the spread of germs in response to COVID- 19. Employees and supervisors must be trained, equipped to telework (government issued laptop, VPN capabilities, home Wifi), and have a signed telework agreement in place prior to beginning telework.
- Supervisor contact Civilian Personnel to discuss position eligibility and to request changes to telework indicator codes in DCPDS.
- Employees must be issued a laptop with VPN capabilities and have WiFi in their home (Operating costs associated with the teleworker using their personal residence as the alternative worksite including home maintenance, insurance, or utilities (e.g., heat, electricity) will not be assumed by the DoD.)
- Employees and their supervisors will complete telework training prior to signing the telework agreement. Certificates should be returned to Civilian Personnel and a copy should be placed in the employee’s folder. The required telework training can be found at: https://www.telework.gov/training-resources/telework-training/
- Employees who are authorized to telework will complete a DD Form 2946, TAB 1. The DD Form 2946 shall be signed and dated by the employee and supervisor. Signed copies should be returned to Civilian Personnel and a copy should be placed in the employee’s folder.
- Employees who are authorized to telework will complete the Aviano Telework Agreement & Self-certification Safety Checklist for Home-Based Teleworkers, TAB 2.
- The Agreement shall be signed and dated by the employee and supervisor. Signed copies should be returned to Civilian Personnel and a copy should be placed in the employee’s folder.
Civilian Personnel POCS:
Stephanie Bazaldua – email@example.com, 632-8342
Josie Walck – firstname.lastname@example.org, 632-8315
ADDITIONAL REFERENCES and TABS:
DCPAS US Civilian Employees Q&A
DODI1035.01_AFI36-816, Civilian Telework Program: https://static.epublishing.
31 FW/CC Memorandum of Intent (Tab 1)
DD Form 2946 (Tab 3)
Aviano Telework Agreement & Self-certification Safety Checklist for Home-Based Teleworkers (Tab 4)
Additional Guidance (Tab 7)
Telework Flexibilities OMB Memo 12 March